Depuis la nuit des temps, l'Homme se pose une même question : sommes nous vraiment seul ?
Que ce soit sur terre ou bien ailleurs, dans l'au-delà, l'être humain à souvent chercher des réponses sans jamais en trouver. En quête d'une chose qui serait son égal, un être qui lui serait supérieur, un modèle, peut être, ou encore un ennemis, ses recherches, hélas, ont toujours étaient vaines.
Années après années, siècles après siècles, de nouvelles questions étaient soulevées, mais toutes restaient sans aucune réponses et ce malgré les incessantes recherches, les gigantesques et terribles inquisitions et les nombreuses battus. L'ignorance reignait.
Lire la suite.

Partagez
The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]
Seth Karmann
Seth Karmann
Really Curious
▌Espèce : [Ecrivez ici l'origine de votre personnage (conte, légende, divinité, folklore, etc) ainsi que ses capacités et faiblesses]
▌Messages : 59
▌Double(s) Compte(s) : William E. Seavers

The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] Empty
MessageSujet: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyLun 20 Juil - 20:52

Child in the dark

A dark room. The sound of a soft chime ringing in the next room. Dim light filtering through the half-shut blinds. Flowing jet black hair. The dark silhouette of a woman. She's standing in the shadows and he can't make out his face. He barely notices. He is transfixed by the sight of her long hair falling in front of him as she bends slightly. She smells of flowers and warm summer days. The chime rings. She turns away.

The light is brighter when he opens his eyes. The apartment is a library and he is sitting at a table in a corner. It takes him a minute to remember he is not a child, but a grown man.

Hagard, he lowers his eyes to look at the table in front of him. There's a book resting there. The long dark tea-time of the soul, by Douglas Adams. Still half-asleep, his mind conjures the memory of a heroine with long dark hair. He stares at the cover for a long moment before banishing the fake memory. The main character is a man. He doesn't aknowledge the fact that he recognizes the woman he was thinking about.

He rubs his eyes quickly, bidding good-bye to sleepyness.

He still feels detached, as if he hasn't quite woken up yet. He knows he should start moving. Gathering his things. Checking out the book to take home. He doesn't want to. The rational part of his mind is telling him to move but the less rational part is urging him to wait. Wait for what? He tells himself he doesn't know, ignoring the whispered answer in his mind. There's no one to wait for.

He gets up. Brings his book to the counter mechanically. Leaves the building.

The sky is coloring already. An evening breeze caresses his cheek. His legs have stopped moving. He's staring in the distance. Feeling lost. He doesn't feel grown-up. He feels like a child in the dark.

Code by frosty Blue

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Vali Kahainem
Vali Kahainem
Chillin
▌Espèce : -Dieu-mineur de la mythologie nordique.
-métamorphose en gros loup (1m20) pendant 1h.
-sens accrue.
-faiblesse après détransformation, esprit confus.
- gêné en cas de bruit/son/odeur/foule trop important/e.
▌Messages : 52
▌Localisation : Bas Quartier
▌Double(s) Compte(s) : Eros

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyLun 20 Juil - 22:55

The long dark tea-time of the soul

Alone, Vali thought about the blond girl he met last time at the university, with her flower flangrance. He didn’t know where he gone, because he was lost, in some  way. The young man just want to visited the town this time and brave his fear of noises and degusting odors. Fortunately, it was the morning, so, they was not too much car and people, so he choose some street by chance and go. But now… He was lost.

Don’t panic… don’t panic. If he didn’t found his way, he thought he has just to… climb some houses and seen the horizon and he may seen the low zone. A dog barked to this stranger of the human race, but Vali stared him, with his light blues eyes, and the black dog became quit, return to his kennel, the tail down. Vali had a quit little smile, amused.

- Don’t be afraid.

He tries to reassure the dog and call him, Vali doesn’t want to scared the animals, he’s too kind for that. The dog accepted to seen the god and the young man stroked him a little and return to his way, left the dog here.

Maybe he can asked a person for the right direction ? Vali continue a bit and seen a other guy, who doesn’t move, looked… at… the wolf doesn’t know what. Is he lost too ? He didn’t seem very good. Slowly – the god doesn’t want to afraid the stranger – Vali approached the other guy, but have no idea for a big conversation :

- Hi. Are you lost too ?

This boy… He’s human, Vali didn’t smell the strange odor of the monster.

© VAL

HRP:
https://detroit-monsters.forumactif.fr/t449-vali-kahainem-loup-perdu-en-ville-fiche-de-lien
Seth Karmann
Seth Karmann
Really Curious
▌Espèce : [Ecrivez ici l'origine de votre personnage (conte, légende, divinité, folklore, etc) ainsi que ses capacités et faiblesses]

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyMar 21 Juil - 18:14

Lost together

Half of his mind is telling him to go home. The other is whispering to wait. Wait. But wait for who?, asks the child in the dark. Seth can't hear them. He doesn't want to.

"Hi. Are you lost too ?"

Well, he certainly feels lost.

It takes a moment for his brain to register the fact that it had been a real person talking to him. He whips his head around when he realizes and gazes wide-eyed at the man who had spoken.

"Good evening." he hears himself saying as a polite smile makes its way to his face.

He doesn't answer the question though. It's not that he doesn't know the answer, he just didn't hear it well. The little voice in the dark whispers differently.

"Can I help you?" he continues, still smiling.

There's an odd feeling in his chest. He pretends he can't identify it as relief. He pretends he doesn't hear the little voice telling him someone came for him after all. He also ignores the part of his mind whispering that this isn't the person he was waiting for. He wasn't waiting for anyone.

But he can't deny the reassurance the man's presence is. He finds himself hoping the man is lost. Maybe then, they can be lost together.

Code by frosty Blue

HRP:
Vali Kahainem
Vali Kahainem
Chillin
-sens accrue.

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptySam 25 Juil - 0:28

The young man seems a bit… Distracted. Like he was in the moon before Vali talked to him. The light-blue god is not really sure if he’s welcome finally. The confuse humain has a smile in his face, but Vali feels as if he maybe not disturb him, but too late for that, the conversation is now engaged, but the lost wolf is not a expansive guy. Talk to the people, ask from help… Not the strong point for him, accustome of some sort of solitude. All of the world seems so strange to him who doesn’t have memories, and, worst by this : he’s afraid of his past. Maybe… maybe he really killed the little boy of his dream when he was in wolf form ? This tought makes Vali sick, in font of him, he knows, whatever his past, he’s not a bad guy with a murderer instinct so… what about this dream ?

By the way, it's not the moment for this disturbing question, "Can I help you ?". He sighs : this guy is human, he has no power for cure Vali of his amnesia, but… has maybe the soluce for his problem  very more simple : the way.

- I’m sorry, I’m lost in this neighborhood.

All this building stress him, all the cars… When the city is awake, Vali doesn’t feel good at all. He doesn’t want to return in his little room, too much small, too much grey. Inside himself, he knows that in the past, he may had a great room with golden colors or… maybe it’s just he’s imagination. The population of the street and in the road increase a bit. Vali take a breath, he just want to run away of this city, it’s not his place. All the trouble is because of this : it’s-not-his-place. But where is the good environment for him ? Where is he come from ? He has to finish his answer. After the silence Vali explain :

- I just want to… find my way.

Yes, it’s a bit confuse. He feels like that but it’s large, so he adds :

- To the parc, or the forest. Can you help me ?

© VAL
https://detroit-monsters.forumactif.fr/t449-vali-kahainem-loup-perdu-en-ville-fiche-de-lien
Seth Karmann
Seth Karmann
Really Curious

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptySam 25 Juil - 10:00

Chilling Emptiness

The man sighs. Briefly Seth wonders is he has said something wrong.

" I’m sorry, I’m lost in this neighbourhood."

So he is lost. He feels glad. A little bit relieved. And a lot ashamed. Surely it was wrong to be glad that someone was lost? He shouldn't be thinking that way. He should be asking him where he wants to go. Helping him.

He opens his mouth, but is cut off by the man speaking again.

"I just want to… find my way." the man says.

The way he says it causes Seth to feel a pang of something he can't define. Find his way...

"To the park, or the forest. Can you help me ?"

"Of course." he hears himself saying before he has time to think better of it.

He's pretty sure there's a park not far from where they are. A twenty minutes walk maybe.

"Let's go." he tells the man, starting off in the direction he believes the park is in.

As they walk, he can't help glancing at the man next to him. He can't help but wonder. Is he a monster? The thought comes as naturally as the following one. Is he new to the neighbourhood?

He doesn't ask the first question, but he voices the second.

"Did you move in recently?" he asks lightly. "Or are you from another part of the city?"

Dusk is painting the buildings red. The shadows are lengthening. Night is coming fast. Seth is suddenly glad he has an excuse to stay outside a while longer. Night is when the past clings to him. Dreams come and he tells himself he doesn't care. Because the dreams aren't the worse. The real nightmare is when he wakes up. When he can vividly feel in his heart that chilling emptiness.

Code by frosty Blue

HRP:
Vali Kahainem
Vali Kahainem
Chillin
-sens accrue.

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptySam 25 Juil - 18:57

-
You… come with me ?

Vali is surprised. He thought the inhabitant just said him some directions, Vali doesn’t ask for more, it’s…too much. He doesn’t know what to said and follows the other young man, without knowing he’s far older that the human. Vali realised he forgot to be polite when his companion ask for more informations :

- Thank you. I live in the… I don’t know how to discribe it, some people say « the slum ». I just live in Detroit since… one year. I don’t know my past before this.

The lost wolf doesn’t have any value judgment, but he feels his neighbourhood is not a great place to live. Some streets smell death, it’s very stressfull. But the park, by night is maybe not the smart idea of the day. For him, but he can run away from the danger, and for the human. A human, by night, forced to return at home alone if he leads Vali to his way.

- It’s alright for you ? It can be dangerous when you want to return at your house…

Because of some violent humans. Because of the monster. Maybe their are some monster far much stronger than Vali, so he’s not in security too. Fortunately, he didn’t meet them yet. The god touch machinaly his necklace, some relic of his past. In the street, they meet some guys that Vali knows a bit, the people who doesn’t like him, in his building. They smell alcohol this night, Vali grimaced because of the odor and aggressivity, he try to ignored them, the better decision. The youngs men don’t agree Vali :

- Look at this, the Princess just snub us. We are not at his taste.

An approximatly twenty-year’s old guy approach the lost wolf, with a evil smile, encouraged by his crew and doesn’t seem to want move of Vali’s way. The god isn’t more violent or anxious, he just says :

- I don’t want to hurt you. Go home.

Because of the alcohol, Vali takes a step back, the smell is awful for him. The younger one is tall, has a light hair, a very pale skin, and, the most important things, seems just want to says something cruel but he drunk and doesn’t find a sentence to his convinience. So… He just do a finger to Vali.

The god, not disturb at all, just ask to his improvised guide, very serious :

- Does he have a something in his finger ?

© VAL

HRP:
Seth Karmann
Seth Karmann
Really Curious

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyLun 27 Juil - 10:01

Double Trouble

" You're coming with me?"

The man sounds surprised. But not entirely displeased, Seth decides. Mostly because he doesn't want to be alone again so soon. And partly because it's true.

"Thank you. I live in the… I don’t know how to describe it, some people call it « the slum ». I've only been living in Detroit for… one year. I don’t know about my past before this." the man says.

Seth nods, tucking the information in a safe corner of his mind.

"Is is alright for you ? It can be dangerous when you want to return to your house…" says the man, clearly concerned.

Seth gives him a fleeting smile.

"It's fine." he answers. "I don't live far from here anyway."

Just fifteen minutes away in fact. A lot can happen in fifteen minutes, but Seth isn't too worried.

As a matter of fact, trouble finds them before they part. Men that loook decidedly drunk stop them.

"Look at this, the Princess just snubbed us. We are not to his taste." says one of them, slurring slightly.

The young man steps forward. His pale face is distorted by a sneer. The scent of alcohol is strong. The man is menacing. But Seth's companion doesn't seem disturbed.

"I don’t want to hurt you. Go home.
"
he says taking a step back.

He gets the finger as an answer.

The dark haired man turns towards Seth, then. He still looks calm, as if he dealt with such things every day. Maybe he did.

"Does he have something on his finger ?"

Seth smiles ever so slightly. Decides to play along.

"Not that I can see." he replies evenly.

Perhaps it's not such a good idea to provoke the man. If it comes down to fighting Seth won't be of much use. He's never been one for violence. Still, he has a feeling everything would turn out for the best anyway. His companion seems confident in his ability to seriously hurt people. He doesn't know if he should really be reassured by this.

The blond man isn't pleased by their little display. An inhuman growl escapes his lips and Seth cautiously takes a step back. He has a feeling they doubled the trouble.

Code by frosty Blue

HRP:

Vali Kahainem
Vali Kahainem
Chillin
-sens accrue.

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyMar 28 Juil - 13:30

-
But… If he has nothing in his finger, why he put it up like this ? Vali seems confuse. Maybe… It’s some human’s salutation ? The young man, finally, decide to do the same thing and put it’s major up on the other guy. This triggers a silence, the men may think at two things : Vali is very self-confident and challenger or… very…unaware. If the blond’s crew suddenly laught, the arrogant guy seems to have sobered a bit, totally furious. And attack, he throws his fist on Vali’s face, maybe a bit fast for a normal people who drunk, but the god have good reflexe too and manages to deflect it with his arm. Vali grunts like a wolf and jump in the adversary, trying to control the transformation, he does’nt want to be a wolf. Fortunately he’s heavier than the blond and win the fast fight, the blond falls to the ground a bit… shocked. Vali, crouching, the hand on his throat looks threatening, grunting.

The blond is no longer very confident.

- Forgive my insolence.

His group are surprise too, don’t laughing anymore.

- I surrender. You’r stronger than me.

Vali trying to stay calm, and slowly let him go. The group ask their comrade :

- Need help, dude ?

Vali’s adversary look at the lost wolf and his eyes widened suddenly.

- You’r…

The blond seems a bit… not good at all, and ashamed, finding some wobbly explaination for his behaviour :

- I really don’t know. Let’s go guys, we made a mistake, he’s…. my boss’s son.

And for Vali, he bows a bit, ignoring the human – like the beggining :

- I’m really sorry, bye !

And he just… go away, very sobered, maybe adrenaline. The lost wolf doesn’t understand the situation. Why ? He asks to the human, his eyes totally confused :

- Are you… His boss’s son ? It can’t be me I… don’t know who is my father so…

Can it be really him ? Can the blond be a key of his past ? A lot of questions without answer jostle in his head. He touches his necklace and makes a step, for continue their way :

- Fortunately, they gone. Sorry for that, they don’t like me but we live in the same building. Are you right ?

© VAL

HRP:
Seth Karmann
Seth Karmann
Really Curious

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyMar 28 Juil - 14:28

Your name

Seth is slightly suprised when the dark haired man accompanying him lifts his finger at the group of drunkards. He thought the man was more composed than that. On the other hand he doesn't any less calm than before.

Then the fight starts, the blond man attacking without warning. Everything goes quickly, too quickly for Sethbto really see everything. All he knows is that bone moment the two men are fighting and the next the blonde is retreating with an expression of shock.

"Forgive my insolence." says the man much more poslite than he was a moment before. "I surrender. You’re stronger than me."

The blonde's friends are no longer laughing. They look as perplexed as Seth feels. But then he looks at his companion and the word 'monster' passes in his mind. He can't be sure of course but it would explain his strength, speed and the way the blonde retreated. Especially if the blonde man is also a monster.

"I really don’t know. Let’s go guys, we made a mistake, he’s…. my boss’s son."

Well that's another possible explanation. But the deferent attitude and the bow make him doubt the veracity of the explanation.

"Are you… His boss’s son ? It can’t be me I… don’t know who is my father so…" asks the dark haired man once their aggressors are gone.

Seth shakes his head.

"I don't know my father either." he says. "It was probably just an excuse."

"Fortunately, they gone. Sorry for that, they don’t like me but we live in the same building. Are you alright ?"

Seth smiles a little. The man is strange but he's kind enough.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." he replies.

They start walking again and it occurs to him suddenly that he still doesn't know the man's name.

"I'm Seth by the way." he tells the dark haired man. "What's your name?"
Code by frosty Blue

Vali Kahainem
Vali Kahainem
Chillin
-sens accrue.

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyJeu 30 Juil - 14:44

Fortunately, the other man doesn’t seems to be afraid by Vali. The young god wonders if he seen something like that before. Maybe ? But, glad to not be dismissed, Vali doesn’t ask the question and walks with his guide. He finished by recognizes the place, he passed here before ! Finally, he’s not lost anymore ! Physically at least. Mentally, he’s more confused than ever. The blond recognized him like… someone superior. Vali effraided an arroguant guy like that, it’s just so strange. And the boss’s son isn’t his guide.

The human present himself as Seth. It’s true, the god didn’t ask for ! He feels a bit rude to didn’t think at this, an common courtesy.

- I’m Vali.

And he doesn’t forget :

- Nice to meet you.

He smiles a little. The human is a pleasant  compagny. Some people are uncomfortable with him, with his lack a conversation, with sometime his silent. But not Seth who isn’t talkative too. Vali feels like he can stay quiet without a hurry to talk. He wonder if he can be friend with Seth. But… he doesn’t know how to ask this. Maybe simply ? He looks his guide with interrogation :

- Do you think… Can we be friends ? I understand if you don’t want to it’s a bit strange…

Or he’s a bit strange, maybe we don’t need to ask to be friend with someone.

© VAL
Seth Karmann
Seth Karmann
Really Curious

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyVen 31 Juil - 10:55

Odd sense of familiarity

"I'm Vali." answers the man. "Nice to meet you."

The man, Vali, smiles at him and Seth returns it without hesitation.

A moment passes in silence, during which the two men take a right turn. The absence of conversation is not uncomfortable. They seem to be the same type of people, reflects Seth as he walks alongside Vali. Not talkative.

"Do you think… Can we be friends ? I understand if you don’t want to it’s a bit strange…" says Vali suddenly.

He surprises Seth into looking his way. The young man stares at him for a moment. That must be the first time someone outright asks him to be their friend. Not that he doesn't have any. But usually people just assume they are friends after a while of being acquainted with someone.

He smiles at the man.

"Sure. Let's be friends." he agrees.

Perhaps it's too quick a decision. Perhaps he should have thought about it a little more. But somehow the man gives him this odd sens of familiarity he gets with some people. The one he got with Lola when he met her.

He should probably be disturbed by such a thing, but it never troubled him for some reason. A reason he doesn't know. He doesn't.

"Here's the park." he says as they stop in front of the park's gates. "Is this the one you were looking for?"

Code by frosty Blue

Vali Kahainem
Vali Kahainem
Chillin
-sens accrue.

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyMar 4 Aoû - 11:48

Vali is happy, Seth isn’t surprise and has accept his proposition of friendship ! So, this is the end of the way, and this is the park. In the night, it seems a bit unreal, and lowering, even for him. Maybe it was not a good idea, but it’s too late. Vali doesn’t care, now he knows where he is, so he can return home from this position, thanks for Seth.

- Yes, thank you so much, you’r very helpful.

This is surely the end of the conversation, and Vali realized he does’nt have something for thanks Seth. He thinks and says :

- If you need some help in return I will help you too.

But… How could he knew ? There is not telepathie here, maybe telepathie does’nt exist. Oh, human have something for that ! The god reminder that he has a simple cellphone in his pocket, not a iphone or something like that but a old model, with a non-touch screen.

- I remember I have this ! I may have a numero… Mmh… How does it work…

The lost wolf check the cellphone because he doesn’t remember his numero. Maybe… In « contact »… Vali seems very slow with the technology and feels a bit ashamed to keep waiting Seth.

- Sorry I’m not… accustom with this… I find something… ah, I think it’s this !

Yeah ! Vali did it ! He find his own number !

- So… do you want my number if you need anything ?

© VAL

Seth Karmann
Seth Karmann
Really Curious

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] EmptyLun 17 Aoû - 13:30

Always a good feeling

"Yes, thank you so much, you’re very helpful." says the man.

Seth smiles and murmurs something about it being no trouble at all. Being thanked so sincerely is making him a bit uncomfortable. He did mostly for himself and though it's a good thing it helped someone he doesn't think he really deserves such gratitude.

"If you need some help in return I will help you too." adds the man after some thinking.

Seth is a bit taken aback by the proclamation but he nods anyway. He looks on curiously as thoughts seem to billow through the man's head. It's almost comical how Vali suddenly seems to have an idea and starts looking into his pockets.

"I remember I have this ! I may have a numero… Mmh… How does it work…" he says taking out a cell phone.

He struggles with it for a few moments

"Sorry I’m not… accustom with this… I find something… ah, I think it’s this !" he says at some point sounding a bit troubled.

Seth gives him a reassuring smile.

"It's alright. Take your time." he tells Vali.

He is in no hurry to leave and he knows not everyone is good with technology.

"So… do you want my number if you need anything ?" his new friend says at last.

"Sure. I'll send you a text message so that you'll get my number. That way you can contact me too."

Seth reads the number and types it quickly into his phone and saves the new contact. He smiles at the new name in his contact list before turning his phone off and placing it into his jeans' back pocket.

"Well, I'll be going now. It was nice to meet you and I'll be sure to contact you again soon." he tells his companion, flashing him a smile before turning away.

He stops a few feet away to wave at the man, before leaving, for good this time. There's a new spring in step and a warm feeling in his heart. Making new friends is always a good feeling.

Code by frosty Blue

HRP:
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]   The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali] Empty

The long dark tea-time of the soul [feat Vali]
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1